Live online training with e-learning or classroom training available.
Call 07515 851691
This is a practical session with one-to-one consultation with colleagues and the course trainer.
“Learn how to design and deliver clear, compelling, and accurate documents, reports and emails.”
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to write faster, clearer and more impressive documents. This includes emails, reports, blogs and proposals
1. How to improve almost any document or email by using a style that radiates competence and courtesy, that will save you and the reader time.
2. Techniques for editing and proof-reading, plus how best to structure more formal documents, emails and reports.
3. Writing with style and flair.
The course is designed for those who want to develop their style of writing and sharpen their impact. The content will apply to emails, letters, reports, sales tenders and proposals.
Developing the right content, tone and style
● The writing process – regardless of document type.
● Expressing your points clearly and clarifying your aim and objectives.
● Using the ABC principle of Accuracy, Brevity and Clarity with best-practice examples
Editing skills and proofreading techniques
● Quick quiz - test your English knowledge.
● Editing techniques to increase clarity to reduce word count.
● Proofreading techniques and skills for different types of documents.
Making an Impact using Plain English
● Developing techniques to make an impression on the reader.
● How to write good beginnings and endings.
● Bringing your writing to life – making it visually appealing.
Writing to Persuade
● Exploring ways to persuade and influence.
● Encouraging and convincing the reader to follow your train of thought or argument.
● Anticipating and addressing objections positively.
Email etiquette and email best practice
● Email etiquette – the do’s and don’ts of email sending.
● Rules and standards for better emails.
● When to use the telephone or face to face conversations instead of an email.
Application: Learning summary
● Participants work individually to summarise their personal learning points.
Call 07515 851691
Professional Written Communication